Scented candles are made of wax, fragrance oil, and wicks. The wax is the most important part of the candle because it's what burns and melts to create the flame. The fragrance oil is what gives the candle its scent, and the wick is what allows the melted wax to be drawn up into the glass container. A good rule of thumb is to burn it for no more than 4 hours at a time, so that the wax doesn't start to smoke or produce soot.
Many scents can be used in candles to make your home smell heavenly. Some options to consider include:
- Lavender: Lavender has a calming and soothing scent that can help reduce stress and promote relaxation.
- Vanilla: Vanilla has a warm sweet aroma that can create a cozy and inviting atmosphere.
- Peppermint: Peppermint has a refreshing and invigorating scent that can help improve focus and concentration.
- Citrus: Citrus scents, such as lemon and orange, have a refreshing and uplifting aroma that can help energize and invigorate.
- Rose: Rose has a sweet and floral scent that can create a romantic and sophisticated atmosphere.
- Sandalwood: Sandalwood has a warm, woodsy scent that can be calming and grounding.
- Jasmine: Jasmine has a sweet, floral scent that is often used in aromatherapy for its calming and relaxing properties.
- Cinnamon: Cinnamon has a warm and spicy aroma that can create a cozy and inviting atmosphere.
Ultimately, the best scents for your home depend on your personal preferences and the atmosphere you want to create. Experimenting with different scents can help you find the perfect fragrance to suit your needs and preferences.